Monday, April 22, 2013

Wing Parts Prep - 4hrs

This work session included about six total hours.  Four hours were spent shaping and finishing (deburring and surface prep) of the wing ribs.  Both the nose ribs and the main ribs.  I used a home-made deburring tool and some 3M green pads to smooth out the edges on all parts.  I have ordered this deburring tool from Aircraft Spruce and it should speed things up for the next round.  Also did the .040 inboard most ribs.  I also spent about two hours straightening up the workshop and moving my large tools.  I moved the drill press and bench grinder off the assembly table and onto a separate table.  This is in preparation for the wing layup.  I should start that later this week.  That task will include setting up the wing spars and attaching the ribs to the intercostal angles.  First with clamps and then drilled for rivets per the plans.

Rib finishing - deburring and adjusting flanges to 90 degrees

I had to drill out the rib form for the lightening holes.  Here I am using the fly-cutter with my drill press.

Should start the wing assembly later this week.

Thanks for checking in.

Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment