Monday, August 1, 2016

It's Been Awhile - Developing a Habit - Being Reminded

It has been some time since I blogged about my CX4.  To tell you the truth.  It's all my fault.  I have not been interrupted by family or obligations, work, or anything.  Just a shall we say, plateau in my building.  Mostly because of my self doubt in completing a project of this magnitude.

Everything I have read says do something every day.  That is how to complete an airplane build.  How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

I have doubted my mechanical abilities.  Experiencing several set backs in my efforts to build parts from plans.  Instead of taking the goofs and mistakes as a learning process, I have let the failures turn into negative vibes.

Went to Oshkosh Airventure 2016 this past week.  Thanks to my loving wife Nancy for putting up with the experience.

But I feel re-vitalized.  Seeing all the beautiful homebuilt aircraft and the normal people that built them.   Talking to many of them.  I learned that just about everyone of them had experienced something like I have.  So I feel re-energized.  I hope the feeling lasts.  When I return home from Airventure I will have a new approach to my goal.

More to come -

Greg.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're thinking about getting back into it. I always come here looking for ideas, so I selfishly need you to stay a step ahead! I'll meet you at Airventure when we get them done!

    ReplyDelete