Monday, February 25, 2013

Center Spar Web -

Cut and finished the center spar web today.  Ready to assemble and drill the center spar. Here are pics of my center web spar:



Cut from .040 sheet per plans page 1.  Found using my hand held jig saw worked great.  Easy to control and kept a straight line.  Will probably cut the wing spar webs tomorrow.  Did goof off a bit today and took the ol' Cessna out for a short flight.


Made a dumb-dumb error.  Ordered a rivet squeezer and sets from ATS.  Now I know it won't work for me on the spars.  Tried to go cheap.  So I'm returning the squeezer and have ordered a rivet gun, sets, and bucking bar in preparation for spar riveting.  Of course I will be doing some practice on scrap to hone my riveting skills -

Stay tuned!

Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment