Monday, February 18, 2013

Center Spar Work - Continues

It was a little warmer in the workshop today.  So I finished all the parts required for the center spar - except for the spar web.  And just to see what it would look like before drilling - I clamped the pieces together to take a look.


 Clamped the sandwich of materials together - cross checked with the plans and noticed I had it laid out wrong.  Hope I don't make that mistake when I start doing some permanent things - like drilling... Could be costly.  Will take extra care to measure twice (or more) and cut once.



 But I did get the .040 sheet unrolled.  Plan to cut out the center spar web and while I'm at it cut the main spar webs tomorrow.


.040 66061-T6 12x4' Sheet Unrolled and ready for spar web cutting

Temperatures outside should be a bit higher tomorrow.  Should make the workshop bearable.  I did use a space heater today to warm things up a bit.  But I kept blowing the circuit breaker in my power strip. 

Thanks for looking -

*** Update 2/20/13 - Didn't get the spar webs cut from to .040 sheet.  To darn cold in the shop.  Should warm up tomorrow - will try it then.. ;)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Greg. Any advice on unrolling the .040? Mine comes Tuesday, and I hear it is like a big spring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete