Saturday, March 9, 2013

Center Spar Drilling

4.5 Hours.  Two holes, two bolts, and a lot of learning.

That should be the title of this post.

I checked each part of the center spar to be sure it was de-burred and smooth.  Clamped the pieces together.  And drilled two holes tonight.

Clamping


Drilling first hole

I used my high speed electric drill for the first hole.  Pilot drilled with a 1/8" first then up drilled to 3/32" for the bolt.  I used six clamps and still had some minor material shifting problems.  Lesson learned here - you can't use too many clamps when drilling important parts.

I went into the shop at about 10PM and next thing you know - it's 2AM...

Gonna call it a day now before I do something stupid and mess things up.

Good night.

- And thanks for checking in.

Greg. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment