Sunday, September 1, 2013

Leading Edge Bending and Attachment

August 31 - Saturday

Spent a couple of hours preparing and then bending the left wing leading edge.  Used an 8' 2x4 to do the bend just like the instructions said.  Thought I was going to need help doing it.  I was able to do the bend and it was pretty easy.  I just used the 2x4 to press down on the sheet I cut to make the bend.  I then clamped and strapped the leading edge skin to the spar/rib structure.

 Pressing the skin onto the ribs after making the bend.  I first just pressed down on the sheet without the rib/spar structure to the initial fold/bend.  Then I placed the rib/spar structure into the skin and squared it.


 Here I clamped the skin to the leading edge.




Now I have to line up and mark the skin for initial drilling.  Then match up the ribs to the holes and cleco in place.  Will try to get that started tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in -

Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment