Thursday, September 5, 2013

Should I Re-do My Leading Edge Bend???

A bit of a pickle here.  I noticed my leading edge skin has a little "buckling" in the bend on the bottom side.  I don't think this is a problem.  It is a bit ugly.  How does this impact the aerodynamics?  I'm not sure.  I will get some input from the CX4 Builders Group to see what they think.  I guess for aesthetics it should be trashed and redone.  But then I've wasted a big chunk of costly .020 6061-T6 aluminum.

Anyone out there have any ideas or recommendations?


Does this call for a new bend?  I tried to push the dimple out but it didn't work.  

Going to delay drilling and riveting the skin until I can check with the designer and other builders to see if this is a problem or not.

Darn!

Greg.

Update - 9/10/13 - I asked Dave Thatcher (CX4 Designer) and he said "no problem - Just hit it with some bondo and it will be fine"  I may just do that.  Thanks Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment