Monday, November 12, 2012

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - 3hrs

 Lao-tzu
(The Way of Lao-tzu)
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

After a couple of months planning, reading, and studying - started on construction of the spars today.  Wanted to get more done but time passed so quickly this weekend.  

What I did get done - I built the jig that will be used to align and clamp the main and center spar pieces together for assembly.  Spent about 2 hours on this piece.  I think the second one should take half the time.  A lot of time was spent measuring, checking, measuring, clamping, checking, and re-measuring.


Here's what I ended up with after two hours:




Will make a second jig tomorrow evening and then start putting the spar parts together.

A long journey ahead indeed.

Stay tuned.

Thanks ---  Greg.

**UPDATE**
Yes, I was right.  Made the second jig in about 30 mins.  And yes - I made the jig wider than the plans. 



No comments:

Post a Comment