Monday, November 26, 2012

Post Turkey Update

Hope everyone had a safe Thanksgiving.  Back to the shop tonight.  Bought a bench grinder from The Home Depot.  This will help with the parts fabrication.  The hand filing is S L O W.  Now if I can just keep my fingers away from those spinning wheels... :)

Here's what I purchased:

Ryobi 8" Bench Grinder

I will start shaping the 4130 Steel parts for the spar tomorrow.

2hrs spent assembling and testing/aligning new grinder.

** Update ** Parts missing for the left side guard and work rest assembly.  Contacted the manufacturer since that's what is says to do in the documentation (do not return to place of purchase if parts are missing)

So a quick email to Ryobi.  They responded telling me parts were on their way.  Need to wait for those parts to use the grinder.  So no spar ends work tonight.  Will turn to other tasks.


No comments:

Post a Comment