Sunday, November 4, 2012

CX4 Step One - Build a work table

I think that is what is says in the construction manual.  First - build a table ...

Well that's what we did today.  My son and I built the work table for my CX4 project.  Greg (my oldest) is great with wood and he pretty much free-handed it.  Told him what I needed, we got the wood, and two hours later we had the table.



The table is a little over three feet high and this one is eight foot long.  We're going to make another one to extend the total length to 12' or 13' depending on how much work-around room that leaves me in the garage/workshop/CX4 Factory :)

The table is stable, strong, and quite level - which is important.  I should have my aluminum (sheet and angle) and other materials required for the main spar and center spar sections soon.  So construction will  commence shortly.  Meanwhile I'm going to continue making bulkhead and other forms from the leftover plywood like I did for the ribs:


Here are a few more pictures of the work table construction:




Stay tuned!  More to follow -

BTW - Thanks Greg for your help!!


No comments:

Post a Comment