Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rib Form - Tracing Patterns - Transferring to wood

Started tracing front and rear rib patterns for the wood form blocks tonight.  Spent about 2 hours tracing the nose rib, main rib, F6, and wing tip rib patterns.  Using tracing paper on the plans I will be transferring that directly to the wood for forming blocks.  I have been reading about how others have done this.  Trace the plan, cut out with poster board then glue to wood for cutting.  My wife had an idea when she saw me tracing the plans to tracing paper.  She said it looked somewhat like a dress pattern.  And she told me how she use to transfer the pattern to fabric using transfer paper and a wheel marking tool.  I'm going to try that method.  Use the tracing paper image of the ribs and some sewing transfer paper to mark the wood directly.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow with the process and we can see how it worked.  Transfer paper is only a couple of bucks at AC Moore (craft store) so I'll get some tomorrow and we will try it out.

Will let y'all know how it goes.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment