Saturday, October 27, 2012

Rib Forms - Ready for the bending - 5hrs

I sanded and fine-tuned the rib forms today.  Used my hand held Black & Decker "Mouse" sander. It was a little faster than just hand sanding.  I think the little sander did a good job.  Laid the forms back on the original plans to check accuracy of my cutting/finishing of the forms.  The forms match the plans so I think we're good to go.



Also received another bag of nuts & bolts from AircraftSpruce.  Checked these parts into my inventory.  I now have all the hardware necessary for the main and center spars.  Just waiting for my aluminum stock order to arrive.  I found a place locally that can supply .040 6061-T6 sheet and angle stock.  The guy told me he could not supply any sheet stock thinner than the .040 so I am still searching for a local distributer.  The shipping of aluminum sheets is very expensive and I'm trying to control costs.  So I'll try to find the .020 and .032 locally before committing to ordering it from Wicks or ACS.


No comments:

Post a Comment