Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rib Forms

Cut out main and nose rib forms.  Started using my 10" Band Saw but found it difficult to control the work that I was cutting.  Reverted to a hand held orbital jig saw.  Worked okay.  I have some fine tuning to do with sandpaper.  But I matched the cut out forms to the plans and they match up rather well.  My woodworking skills are getting better.  I found by the third cut that I was able to control the jig saw quite well.

Following the lines that I traced to the wood using tracing paper and graphite paper

The main and nose rib forms

Spent about three hours to finish the cut outs for the ribs above and the wing tip ribs.  Drilled each for the bolt/wingnut/washer that holds them together.  A bit more sanding and they are ready.

Still waiting on material order for spar stock.  And also still trying to find a local 6061 supplier.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment