Monday, October 22, 2012

Zero Progress

The title of this post says it all.  Zero progress on my CX4 project this weekend.  The weather was just too nice to be in the shop.  Enjoyed a wonderful weekend including a trip to the Flying Circus in Bealton,  Va.  They have a weekly airshow there featuring a collection of beautiful airplanes.  Mostly Stearmans with a Waco or two.  You can get a Stearman ride for $70 including an aerobatic ride for $110.  Truly worth it.  Especially if you have never experienced an open cockpit biplane.  The first time I took a ride was when I realized if I had the fiscal capability that open cockpit biplane flying is my calling in life.  The Flying Circus puts on an airshow each Sunday during May - October.  



Perhaps the title of this post is a bit of a lie.  I did do some "work" on the CX4 project.  I stopped at a Hobby Lobby store and picked up some transfer paper.  I mentioned this concept in an earlier post.  I'm going to try transferring my tracing paper rib and other parts shapes to wood for forms utilizing a method that my wife recommended.  It's the same process she has used for tracing a dress pattern to fabric.  Should work.  Only cost a couple of bucks for the materials.  And we can see if it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment